The ECB Core Coach programme is an entry level qualification for coaching cricket in England and Wales alongside ECB Foundation I Coach. The programme is a blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore the player-centred planning process, player development, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences. By committing yourself to this programme and becoming a qualified coach you will become an important part of the ECB’s coaching family that works together to help players improve, have fun, be safe and learn at every stage of their development.
The ECB Core Coach qualification is the equivalent of the old ECB Level 2 Qualification. A qualified ECB Core Coach will be able to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
- Cost £300 Per Candidate
- Minimum Age 17 (Certificate not available until 18th birthday)
- Complusory ECB DBS Check required prior to course
ECB Core Coach – March 2022
Saturday 5th March
Saturday 12th March
Saturday 19th March
Saturday 2nd April
Taverham Hall (Langley Prep School)
12pm until 6:30pm each week
An ECB Core Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead player-centred coaching sessions.
- Role of an ECB Core Coach
- Player-centred planning process
- Player development
- Core principles – batting, bowling (pace and spin), fielding and wicketkeeping
- Tactical knowledge, physical fundamentals and mental skills
- The coaching tools
- The continuum of practice
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire and develop players and make a difference to the game.
Experience of playing or coaching cricket is desirable but not essential when applying for this programme.
Click here for more information on choosing the right programme for you.
- Eight face-to-face modules lasting three hours each, including two observed coaching opportunities
- Six bitesize e-learning modules lasting 15-20 minutes each
- Multiple choice question assessment
- Short answer question assessment
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Valid ECB DBS.