ECB COVID-19 Emergency Support Programme Update
20th July 2020
As the recreational game returns to play, the two ECB emergency funding schemes available to cricket clubs and leagues have undergone some changes to specifically help clubs re-open and get games of cricket on under new COVID-19 guidelines.
With many government funding sources concluding, ECB is extending the Return to Cricket Grant Scheme until December 2020.
The differential funding level between clubs with junior sections and adult only clubs and the recommended £15,000 turnover limit have been removed.
In addition, the Emergency Loan Scheme has increased the amounts that can be loaned and the scheme will be open indefinitely. The scheme may be particularly useful if clubs require support over the winter period and provides longer term sustainable support. The League Emergency Loan Scheme supporting affiliated open-age and junior leagues during the COVID-19 crisis through the provision of interest-free loans remains unchanged and also remains open indefinitely.
The scheme aims to support affiliated cricket clubs and leagues (open-age and junior) within England and Wales, during the COVID-19 crisis, by providing emergency grant funding to help cover any shortfall in the preparation, essential day-to-day running and maintenance costs of facilities following the resumption of recreational cricket.
Key changes to the scheme are:
- The removal of the recommended turnover limit.
- The removal of differentiation in grant level between clubs with junior sections and adult only clubs.
- Clubs and leagues can now apply for a maximum grant award of £3,000.
- Eligible costs for the scheme include adapting to comply with COVID-19 guidelines and pitch renovation costs as well as ongoing fixed/contracted costs.
How do I apply?
A list of the what the scheme will fund can be found here.
Before considering an application, it is highly recommended that clubs and leagues read the Return to Cricket Grant Scheme Guidance Notes to determine if they are eligible to apply.
Please contact the NCB Cricket Development Director Lewis Denmark directly for an Application Form.
The scheme aims to support affiliated Cricket Clubs during the COVID-19 crisis by providing funding to assist clubs to cover any shortfall in the preparation, essential day-to-day running and maintenance costs of facilities following the resumption of recreational cricket.
The key changes to the scheme are:
- The amounts that clubs can apply for have increased to £50,000 for clubs with a junior section and £20,000 for adult only clubs.
- Eligible costs for the scheme now include adapting to comply with COVID-19 guidelines and pitch renovation costs to help get games of cricket on.
How do I apply?
A list of what the scheme will fund can be found here.
Before applying, it is highly recommended clubs read the Emergency Loan Scheme Guidance Notes.
Clubs apply by clicking here.
If you have any questions about the scheme, please contact the ECB Facilities Help Desk by emailing here