Live Streaming – Safeguarding Guidance
16th April 2023
The subject of the live streaming of matches may only apply to a minority of Club, but we are aware of increasing numbers of clubs using these services to stream their matches each season.
(This includes NV Play, FrogBox, My Action Replay and other live streaming feeds)
With that in mind, we are taking the opportunity to attach the latest ECB guidelines (dated 2021) which we would strongly recommend sharing with your Club committee if appropriate. The Safeguarding implications require appropriate consents to be in place for any U18s who may be filmed.
There are various protocols which Clubs should have in place if using Live Streaming Services.
- The appointment of a nominated contact.
- Ensure you have an appropriate live stream, photography & audio-visual recording policy.
- Getting appropriate permissions to live stream.
- Consider child protection and safeguarding.
- Making spectators aware by displaying an appropriate notice.
- Data protection and privacy notice.
- Appropriate consents in place.
The guidelines do provide suitable guidance and examples of the documentation required.
Confused, need help?
Don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Denmark from the NCB Safeguarding Team who will be happy to help.
Deputy Norfolk County Safeguarding Officer – KEVIN DENMARK
Phone: 07876 561388
(Please feel free to contact Kevin with any queries that you may have)
Live Streaming Guidance Download