New ECB Safeguarding Courses Available for Clubs, Coaches & Officials
15th February 2023
In February 2023, ECB discontinued the old ECB Safeguarding Young Cricketers online E-Learning training.
They have replaced it with a new ‘Safeguarding for Specialist Roles‘ course which includes additional top-up modules which are relevant to different roles within regulated cricket activity.
We strongly encourage anyone involved within recreational cricket in Norfolk to complete the new course. This includes:
- Club Captains and Team Managers
- Club Coaches and National Programme Activators
- Officials (Umpires & Scorers)
- Club Committee Members and Club Safeguarding Officers
(More details about the new courses available and bookings can be found below.)
Safeguarding for Specialist Roles Course
These courses are for all those who have a specialist role in cricket including Coaches, Activators, Officials, Committee Members, Captains and Club Safeguarding Officers
If you perform a specialist role in cricket we ask you to complete the ‘Safeguarding for Specialist Roles’ first and then proceed to complete the appropriate top up module below:
- Safeguarding for Captains and Team Managers
- Safeguarding for Coaches and Activators
- Safeguarding for Officials (Umpires and Scorers)
- Safeguarding for Committee Members and Club Safeguarding Officers
The Safeguarding for Specialist Roles training should take around 1 hour to complete and the top up modules around 20 minutes. The courses are valid for 3 years.
If you perform more than one such role, we suggest you choose the element most aligned to your main role. Whilst there is only a need to complete one top-up module, you are welcome to complete as many as you wish.
- Safeguarding for Coaches and Activators (SCAT) – https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/6lqcg7/4W
- Safeguarding for Captains and Team Managers (SCTM) – https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/dlq5dh/4W
- Safeguarding For Committee Members and CSO’s (SCOM) – https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/ylq5dj/4W
- Safeguarding For Umpires and Scorers (SUSC) – https://booking.ecb.co.uk/d/3lq5dm/4W
Frequently Asked Questions
Click HERE to read an FAQs document regarding the Safeguarding Training updates.
Confused, need help?
Don’t hesitate to contact any of the NCB Safeguarding Team who will be delighted to help.
Norfolk County Safeguarding Officer – MARK CAMPBELL
Phone: 07917 735469
(Please feel free to contact Mark with any queries that you may have)
Deputy Norfolk County Safeguarding Officer (if Mark is absent) – KEVIN DENMARK
Phone: 07876 561388
(Please feel free to contact Kevin with any queries that you may have)