Norfolk County Age Group Trials Nominations 2020-21
23rd July 2020
As in previous years, the NCB is seeking trials nominations from clubs and schools for player selection in to the highly successful and respected Norfolk County Age Group cricket system. This is a superb opportunity for players to be a part of the County youth set up and progress through the NCB’s successful player pathway which leads smoothly from club to 1st Class County representation.
2020 CAG Outdoor Trials
This year for the first time we are planning to hold our initial trials outdoors at Horsford Cricket Club, Manor Park due to the ongoing uncertainty relating to the Coronavirus.
The exact dates and times for each session are still be decided but we plan to hold trials in the first week on September before schools return. (Tuesday 1st September, Wednesday 2nd September, Thursday 3rd September and Friday 4th September)
We will communicate with all nominated trialists once full details of the CAG Trials have been confirmed.
Categories of Nomination:
- County Age Group – Boys. This is for any of the County Age Group squads run by the NCB (U10-U15, U18). Nominations made here should be for players who have demonstrated consistent excellence in their play in the last 12 months. NCB are keen to see nominations in the U10 age bracket, as this is the first age group covered in the County Boys programme.
- County Age Group – Girls. Girls cricket in Norfolk has come a long way in the last few years. The NCB now run girls U11, U13, U15 & U17 teams. Please nominate any girls you have who show an aptitude for cricket at these age groups, even if they are a year or two below the named age group or have only played softball cricket. As with the boys U10, we are keen to see nominations at the first age group, namely U11 Girls.
Please try to ensure you list your player in the right age group. Please list the age group they will be in for the 2021 season. Remember that a player should be under that age at midnight on 31st August 2020 (i.e. for a 2021 U12 player they need to be Under 12 years old on that date).
BOYS CAG CRICKET
- Performances must be consistently excellent against good quality youth, school or adult opposition to merit county inclusion. One good innings or bowling performance does not normally warrant a county trial.
- NCB may contact any club / school nominating 3 players or more in any age group to discuss these players in advance of any trial invitation.
- Please be realistic about the standard of your players, especially boys. County Age Group Cricket is of a very high standard. NCB recommends that coaches visit a County Age Group Match to see for themselves the standard of cricket, so they can judge better the standard of their own players.
GIRLS CAG CRICKET
- Due to the lower participation base compared to boys, we encourage applications from any competent girl cricketer / sportsperson in the relevant age groups.
ONLINE NOMINATION PROCESS
Nominations this year are only being accepted online. Please complete the form online at:
Any player already in a County Age Group Squad for 2020 does NOT need to be nominated.
MONDAY 24TH AUGUST 2020
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact NCB Secretary Dave Bowker. email@example.com
Coach / Manager Nomination Guidance