Norfolk County Age Group Trials Nominations 2022-23
8th July 2022
As in previous years, the NCB is seeking trials nominations from COACHES, CLUBS & SCHOOLS for player selection in to the highly successful and respected Norfolk County Age Group cricket system. This is a superb opportunity for players to be a part of the County youth set up and progress through the NCB’s successful player pathway which leads smoothly from club to 1st Class County representation.
2022/23 CAG Outdoor Trials
Similar to last year, we are planning to hold our initial trials outdoors at Horsford Cricket Club, Manor Park. Some sessions may also be held indoors at Langley Prep School. (Taverham Hall)
The exact dates and times for each session are still be decided but we plan to hold initial trials in late August / early September.
We will communicate with all nominated trialists once full details of the CAG Trials have been confirmed.
Categories of Nomination:
- County Age Group – Boys. This is for any of the County Age Group squads run by the NCB (U10-U16, U18). Nominations made here should be for players who have demonstrated consistent excellence in their play in the last 12 months. NCB are keen to see nominations in the U10 age bracket, as this is the first age group covered in the County Boys programme.
- County Age Group – Girls. Girls cricket in Norfolk has come a long way in the last few years. The NCB now run girls U11, U13, U15 & U18 teams. Please nominate any girls you have who show an aptitude for cricket at these age groups, even if they are a year or two below the named age group or have only played softball cricket. As with the boys U10, we are keen to see nominations at the first age group, namely U11 Girls.
Please try to ensure you list your player in the right age group. Please list the age group they will be in for the 2023 season. Remember that a player should be under that age at midnight on 31st August 2022 (i.e. for a 2023 U12 player they need to be Under 12 years old on 31st August)
BOYS CAG CRICKET
- Performances should be consistently excellent against good quality youth, school or adult opposition to merit county inclusion. One good innings or bowling performance does not always warrant a county trial.
- Please be realistic about the standard of your players, especially boys. County Age Group Cricket is of a very high standard. NCB recommends that coaches visit a County Age Group Match to see for themselves the standard of cricket, so they can judge better the standard of their own players.
GIRLS CAG CRICKET
- Due to the lower participation base compared to boys, we encourage applications from any competent girl cricketer / sportsperson in the relevant age groups.
ONLINE NOMINATION PROCESS
Nominations this year are only being accepted online. Please complete the form online at:
The Board are happy for COACHES, CLUBS & SCHOOLS to pass on the link to parents to complete the form but they will have to state who they have been nominated by.
Any player already in a County Age Group Squad for 2022 does NOT need to be nominated.
MONDAY 15TH AUGUST 2022
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact NCB Secretary Dave Bowker. email@example.com
Coach & Manager Guidance