Norfolk Cricket Board – Performance Pathway 2020/21
14th October 2020
NCB Emerging Players Programme 2020/21
The Emerging Players Programme (EPP) has had considerable success since its inception with 15 players progressing to 1st Class Academies as a direct involvement with this programme. Three players have also been involved in ECB National Performance Squads.
The EPP focuses on skill enhancement in the main but also the Technical, Tactical, Physical and Mental aspects of the game, protocols which must be utilised to reach elite levels in sport.The EPP is a forerunner to the NCB & ECB’s Player Pathway.
When assessing players for inclusion, the Head EPP Coach will consider the significance of:
– Past performances under pressure.
– A younger player who performs and succeeds in a higher age-group or grade of cricket.
– A player who is accountable and responsible for his performance and commitment.
The 2020/21 EPP Intake is as follows:
- George Bruce
- Cameron Graveling
- Freddie Fairey
- Elliott Hart
- Ethan Metcalf
- Arthur Wilcox
- Lewis Reeder
- Phoenix Sherry
NCB Centre of Excellence Programme 2020/21
The “Centre of Excellence” will be a programme that fits in to the player pathway in between the County Age Groups and the Emerging Players Programme.
Players & Intake:
- County Age Group Players, boys or girls.
- U13 & U14 & U15 & Girls U15 age groups only
- Players who have the potential to progress to the EPP programme and beyond in to First Class Cricket & Sunrisers Girls Programmes. A stepping stone to EPP
- Managers & Lead Coaches to nominate for selection
- Final Selection made by NCB Performance Manager in consultation with NYC Executive Committee & Assistant Performance Coach
- Past performances under pressure.
- Consistent performances.
- A younger player who performs and succeeds in a higher age-group or grade of cricket.
- A player who is accountable and responsible for his performance and commitment.
SESSIONS & PROGRAMME:
- 6 sessions, to fit alongside county winter training (October – March)
- Programme to focus on Skill Enhancement
- Programme to also develop technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects of the player’s development
- Management and monitoring of playing schedule / no. of matches for players.
- Programme Lead – NCB Performance Manager & Assistant Coach
The 2020/21 COE Intake is as follows:
- Arthur Butterworth
- Oliver Durrant
- William Panter
- Kantam Anish Reddy
- Sam Reynolds
- Tom Robson
- Jack Livermore
- Enoch Uthayarajan
- Tilly Butterworth
- Eloisa Ford
- Mia Sexton
- Alice Brand
- India Fox