The Norfolk Cricket Board (NCB) provide a winter cricket offering for all adult players both male and female. The NCB run and oversee a total of five Indoor Winter Leagues covering all corners of the county.
Indoor cricket is a fast-paced, action-packed version of the game suitable for all levels, with easy-to-follow rules and an emphasis on fun and fitness.
Indoor cricket in Norfolk
Rules to get you started:
- Twelve overs per side
- Each pair bats for four overs
- Every player must bowl one over
- Every wicket is a deduction of five runs from the score
- Scores begin on 100 runs
- The non-striker’s crease is 3/4 down the wicket
- Played using a specially adapted, soft, leather ball
- Fast, fun and open to all
- The sports hall environment ensures a faster game and the soft ball makes it more appealing for people with no cricket experience to get involved
- Minimal kit is needed, just bat and gloves. (Full Kit is advised)
- There are no weather or light restrictions
- A game only takes about 60 minutes
Who is it aimed at?
Absolutely anyone can play this form of indoor cricket. There are international, national and local leagues for men, women, boys and masters but the game can also be played informally by all individuals at any of the eight dedicated national indoor centres.
Where can I play?
The four Competitions that the NCB will run in 2021/22 are as follows:
- Breckland Indoor League (Thetford – Sunday evenings & Wymondham Leisure Centre – Friday evenings)
- South Norfolk Indoor League (Wymondham Leisure Centre – Friday evenings)
- Shell Women’s Indoor League (Long Stratton Leisure Centre – Sunday afternoons)
- West Norfolk Indoor League (Lynn Sport – TBA)
These competitions will take place between October & March and in most cases will comprise of a group stage before qualifying for a Finals Day.
For more information regarding the NCB Winter Indoor Cricket Leagues please contact Ian Moody (NCB Club & Community Officer).