NORFOLK CRICKET BOARD SAFEGUARDING POLICY STATEMENT
The Board operates under all the relevant regulations and controls of the England and Wales Cricket Board (“the ECB”) as articulated in their Safe Hands policies and publicised on their Safe Hands website.
The Norfolk Cricket Board (“the Board”) is committed to ensuring that all children (i.e., all persons under the age of 18) participating in cricket have a safe and positive experience.
We will do this by:
- Recognising that all children participating in cricket (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability, or disability) have a right to have fun and be protected from harm in a safe environment
- Ensuring that individuals working for the Board provide a safe, positive and fun cricketing experience for children
- Adopting and implementing the ECB “Safe Hands –Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children” and any future versions of this
- Appointing a County Safeguarding Officer and a Deputy County Safeguarding Officer, both overseen by a Board lead, ensuring that they attend all current and future training modules required by the ECB, so that they have the skills needed to undertake their roles effectively
- Ensuring all people who work for the Board (such as staff, coaches, team managers, volunteers and officials) understand that the “Safe Hands Policy” applies to them according to their level of contact with children in cricket
- Ensuring that all those working for the Board are recruited and appointed in accordance with ECB guidelines and relevant legislation
- Ensuring that all those working for the Board are provided with support, through education and training, so that they can adhere to good practice and code of conduct guidelines defined by the ECB and the Board
- Ensuring that the name and contact details of the County Safeguarding Officer and Deputy County Safeguarding Officer are available
- As the first point of contact for the Board’s staff and volunteers and for children involved in the Board’s activities and their parents
- As a source of procedural advice for the Board, it’s Directors & Members
- As the main point of contact within the Board for the ECB Safeguarding team and as the main point of contact within the Board for relevant external agencies in connection with child safeguarding
- Ensuring correct and comprehensive reporting procedures exist for raising and managing child safeguarding concerns. Such procedures should recognise the responsibility of statutory agencies and be in accordance with the pre-defined child safeguarding procedures as set down by the ECB, statutory agencies and Local Safeguarding Children Board guidelines and policies
- Providing everyone connected with the Board (including children and parents) an environment where they can voice to the County Safeguarding Officer (or, in their absence, the Deputy County Safeguarding Officer) on a range of issues including possible suspected child abuse / neglect and / or poor practice.
- Ensuring that all suspicious concerns and allegations are taken seriously and dealt with swiftly and appropriately
- Ensuring access to confidential information to child safeguarding matters is restricted to the County Safeguarding Officer and (where necessary) the Deputy County Safeguarding Officer and the appropriate external authorities such as the Local Authority Designated Officer, as specified within the ECB child safeguarding procedures.
Confused, need help?
Don’t hesitate to contact any of the NCB Safeguarding Team who will be delighted to help.
Norfolk County Safeguarding Board Lead – LIZ PLATER
Phone: 07775 088190
(Please feel free to contact Liz with any queries that you may have)
Norfolk County Safeguarding Officer – MARK CAMPBELL
Phone: 07917 735469
(Please feel free to contact Mark with any queries that you may have)
Deputy Norfolk County Safeguarding Officer (if LIZ is absent) – KEVIN DENMARK
Phone: 07876 561388
(Please feel free to contact Kevin with any queries that you may have)
Safeguarding Policy Statement